1. Chapple CR, Wein AJ, Abrams P et al. Lower urinary tract symptoms revisited: a broader clinical perspective. Eur Urol 2008; 54(3): 563–569. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2008.03.109.
2. Irwin DE, Abrams P, Milsom I et al. Understanding the elements of overactive bladder: questions raised by the EPIC study. BJU Int 2008; 101(11): 1381–1387. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.07573.x.
3. Krhut J, Martan A, Zachoval R et al. Current state of diagnostics and treatment of overactive bladder in the Czech Republic – five years ago and today. Ceska Gynekol 2012; 77(3): 205–210.
4. McNicholas TA, Speakman MJ, Kirby RS. Evaluation and nonsurgical management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. In: Wein AJ, Kavoussi LR, Novick AC et al (eds). Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier 2011: 2463.
5. Abrams P, Kaplan S, De Koning Gans HJ et al. Safety and tolerability of tolterodine for the treatment of overactive bladder in men with bladder outlet obstruction. J Urol 2006; 175 (3 Pt 1): 999–1004.
6. Chapple CR, Roehrborn CG. A shifted paradigm for the further understanding, evaluation, and treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms in men: focus on the bladder. Eur Urol 2006; 49(4): 651–658.
7. Van Venrooij GE, Van Melick HH, Eckhardt MD. Correlations of urodynamic changes with changes in symptoms and well-being after transurethral resection of the prostate. J Urol 2002, 168(2): 605–609.
8. Coyne KS, Sexton CC, Irwin DE et al. The impact of overactive bladder, incontinence and other lower urinary tract symptoms on quality of life, work productivity, sexuality and emotional wellbeing in men and women: results from the EPIC study. BJU International 2008; 101(11): 1388–1395. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.07601.x.
9. Sexton CC, Coyne KS, Kopp ZS et al. The overlap of storage, voiding and postmicturition symptoms and implications for treatment seeking in the USA, UK and Sweden: EpiLUTS. BJU Int 2009; 103 (Suppl 3): 12–23. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08369.x.
10. Kojima M, Ochiai A, Naya Y et al. Correlation of presumed circle area ratio with infravesical obstruction in men with lower urinary tract symptoms. Urology 1997; 50(4): 548–555.
11. Oelke M, Baard J, Wijkstra H et al. Age and bladder outlet obstruction are independently associated with detrusor overactivity in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Eur Urol 2008; 54(2): 419–426. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2008.02.017.
12. Gerber GS, Kim JH, Contreras BA et al. An observational urodynamic evaluation of men with lower urinary tract symptoms treated with doxazosin. Urology 1996; 47(6): 840–844.
13. Van Venrooij GE, Van Melick HH, Boon TA. Comparison of ourcomes of transurethral resection of the prostate in urodynamically obstructed versus selected urodynamically unobstructed or equivocal
men. Urology 2003; 62(4): 672–676.
14. Kaplan SA, Roehrborn CG, Rovner ES et al. Tolterodine and tamsulosin for treatment of men with lower urinary tract symptoms and overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2006; 296(19): 2319–2328.
15. MacDiarmid SA, Peters KM, Chen A et al. Efficacy and safety of extended-release oxybutynin in combination with tamsulosin for treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms in men: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Mayo Clin Proc 2008. 83(9): 1002–1010. doi: 10.4065/83.9.1002.
16. Kaplan SA, He W, Koltun WD et al. Solifenacin plus tamsulosin combination treatment in men with lower urinary tract symptoms and bladder outlet obstruction: a randomized controlled trial. Eur Urol 2013; 63(1): 158–165. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2012.07.003.
17. Kaplan SA et al. Antimuscarinics for treatment of storage lower urinary tract symptoms in men: a systematic review. Int J Clin Pract 2011; 65(4): 487–507. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2010.02611.x.
18. Van Kerrebroeck P, Kreder K, Jonas U et al. Tolterodine oncedaily: superior efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of overactive bladder. Urology 2001; 57(3): 414–421.
19. Van Kerrebroeck P, Chapple C, Drogendijk T et al. Combination therapy with solifenacin and tamsulosin oral controlled absorption system in a single tablet for lower urinary tract symptoms in men: efficacy and safety results from the randomised controlled NEPTUNE trial. Eur Urol 2013; 64(6): 1003–1012. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2013.07.034.
20. Chung DE, Sandhu JS. Overactive bladder and outlet obstruction in men. Curr Urol Rep 2011; 12(1): 77–85. doi: 10.1007/s11934-010-0157-x.
21. Martan A, Mašata J, Švabík K et al. Persistence in the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) with Mirabegron in a multicentre clinical study. Ceska Gynekol 2015; 80(4): 244–248.
22. Nitti VW, Rosenberg S, Mitcheson DH et al. Urodynamics and safety of the beta(3)-adrenoceptor agonist mirabegron in males with lower urinary tract symptoms and bladder outlet obstruction. J Urol 2013; 190(4): 1320–1327. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2013.05.062.